Tempus Fugit

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Birthday Cake


 -
-

"Blow your candles" you said.
I closed my eyes and made us a wish.
I blew my prayer onto the fire
And hoped that God heard my heart.
I opened my eyes and saw your face,
Angelic and pure beyond compare.
Party lights dimmed and the music stopped,
That's the time you asked for my birthday cake.
I gave it to you without guilt or wrath.
To my chagrin, I discovered
You told the same words to your lover,
"Blow your candles" you said.
The very same cake I blew my prayers on.
But then I realized I wasn't your first-
I am your lover.

-
-
*Picture from istockphoto

1 comment:

  1. lhen thnkyou tlga ah...
    im very much thnkful having u as my true frend..
    even though we often see each oder, i can feel ur concern evrytime i needed u..
    olways remember n im olwais hir dn 4 u,
    no matter wat happen i will olwais be ur friend 4ver...

    ReplyDelete