Tempus Fugit

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Traces of Life


To all life who was saved and lost.
-
-

-
-
Hurriedly I undressed myself
Leaving only my brand new boxers
The one I got today for my special day.
I then dove straight into the murky waters
Hoping that I'll be able catch him fast
Before river currents overpower him to death.
I caught an arm and then his face bobbed up,
I heard gulps for air and frantic flaps in the water
Though I'm not sure if their mine or his.
I finally let him go on his own and
I then saw him swim towards the edge.
 Before I dared follow him
I felts cramps along my legs,
Both my legs felt electrified
My screams for help got muffled 
With water going in my mouth.
I sinked slowly, painfully slow.
The last thing I saw was him running away
Probably calling for help.
I wasn't even able to 
Close my eyes before I died.
The only traces I was alive
A few minutes ago was the 
Shirt and shorts on the river bank
I left on the grass,
Still warm and very new,
Birthday presents I requested.

-
-

*Picture from nationalgallery.org.uk







No comments:

Post a Comment