Tempus Fugit

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

If I Never Meet My Soulmate (Allen Miguel Bamba)


This was inspired by Laurence Alma - Tadema 's If No One Ever Marries Me which I discovered when I watched Natalie Merchant 's beautiful rendition of the poem into a song. Enjoy! :)

-
-


If I never meet my soulmate-
And I don't know why I should,
For there is no such thing as fate,
And that idea is just so crude-

If I never meet my soulmate
I wouldn't care very much;
I shall get a songbird in a cage,
And make sure it has a strong latch,

I shall have a hut near the sea
And a dog all my own,
And a little garden with bees
Decorated with shiny black stones,

And when I'm really getting old, -
At fourty eight or nine -
I shall help others meet theirs
Since I haven't met mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment