Tempus Fugit

Monday, September 13, 2010

Closed

To those who never felt the same after the first.
-
-

-
-


Whenever I hear your name
I hear my very own voice,
My breath upon your cheeks
With threats of making a choice.

I closed my eyes and dreamt I'm free
Of this world and others we made
When we saw everything but red
When love hasn't yet bled,

With treacherous illusions
That nothing will come to an end,
Since there was never a start.
Why do I have to defend

Myself when I did nothing wrong
But let myself love you?
With all the heart and soul
Of a man looking for a new

Life outside the great walls
That made me feel small and cursed.
And now I'm back to where
You met me first.

The only difference is 
I'm feeling a lot worse than before
And all that has happened
Stopped me from asking for more.

-
-

*Picture from the1thing

2 comments: