Tempus Fugit

Monday, September 13, 2010

Running

This is for those who never looked back.
-
-
 
-
-


I ran fast, faster, fastest.
Never once thinking of looking back;
I will never look back.
Despite running on unpaved land I moved on,
Braving thorns and stones
Even conquering the sun and the rain.
I will never stop unless death stops me.
Ironically, that faraway land I left behind
will always be the only land I'll ever love
I may not see it with my eyes
But my heart and mind remembers it.
Like a butterfly who longs for that sweet
Flower it had ever landed on.
And had never encountered again.
The long humid days of summer when we
Held dirty hands
Or the tears we cried under the pouring rain;
Mostly the glances that nobody else saw and understood,
The glances that was ours alone.
During those fleeting moments we were one.
Athwart the road that leaves you
I ran fast, faster, fastest.
For if I moved any slower
I might change my mind and go back home.
And you are my home.
But you are in somebody else's.

-
-

*Picture from admissions.wayne.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment