Tempus Fugit

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yearning for Amber

 If only time stands still.
-
-
 -
-
I see you and everything else disappears
Nothing really matters,
Not the pimply kid who sits
Quietly beside me while torturing his iPod;
Not the bus driver who blows his horns
To the irritation of the passengers
Who slept late and woke up early,
Including me.
Everything becomes a blur
When you are around me.
And for days, the sight of you
Makes me want to wake up 
A little bit late so that I'll be
In the same bus you are in,
Which my boss complains about
Since she expects me to be there
Way too early than what's needed.
Yesterday I almost wished that
For a time, can I have my life
Stopped inside that bus?
Like a mosquito trapped in Amber,
I yearn for that brief feeling of elation,
Of immortalizing a single moment 
That somehow makes me get by.
My day begins and ends the moment 
You enter and alight the bus.
That's approximately 30 minutes.

-
-
*Pics from collectorsquest

No comments:

Post a Comment