Tempus Fugit

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Held


-
-

I held the hand that is
 planning to let you go. 
It was dry and rough
 unlike the other that still
 remembers your love of long ago.
 I felt its frustration about you,
 of the way you always made
 sure that tomorrow will not
 come for the both of you.
 I heard its silent cry of
 goodbye and I grew sad.
 On the other hand,
 it was still hanging on,
 reminiscing celebrations
 and victories.
 The happy times linger
 like it doesn't want to live.
 I heard all the secret whispers
 at night and all promises made.
 Both hands wept.
 A catharsis of the highest order. 
A pill so that no one goes insane.
 I looked at the mirror and
 saw rivers of tears.
 I looked down and 
saw my hands clasped together,
 the other looking out
 for the other.
 A symmetry of giving up
 and holding on.
 The riddle of love.

-
-

*Picture from 4.bp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment