Tempus Fugit

Friday, July 30, 2010

Desert's Flower (1st Place) by Dianne Pedroso



 This excellent poem really took my breath away!!! Great work Dianne!


-
-



Desert's Flower

I seek not pity but to see beyond the physical
that I am not less a being to be incomplete,
I know I live to write the world but am out of pens,
not because i have none but have no means to hold them.

Indeed i cannot cover my eyes from the blinding sun,
or can i play the piano when my heart yearns for a lullaby,
neither can i touch the morning dew from blooming flowers
or tear the walls of reality and the edges of my dreams.

Fingers i never had,
chances that always pass.
But there is more than empty hands and a wishful heart yet to be seen-
dreams that lie unwithered in the midst of despair.

For better it is to do mighty things,
even though checkered with failure
than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much,
Because they lie in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

And he that strives to touch the stars
oft stumbles at a straw,
ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp
or what's a heaven for?

-
-
*Picture from http://somethinggraphic.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/600_06-desert_flower.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This poem can sit beside Frost's in a hardbound collection. Well done Diane! Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really awsome pome left me speachless after i read it

    ReplyDelete