Tempus Fugit

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Feeling the Presence

When was the last time I saw you?
Last month?
Last week?
Yesterday?
Early this morning?
All true.

I saw you physically a month ago.
Lopsided Smiling.
With stars twinkling in your eyes.
Full of mischief in your body.

I thought about you last week.
When you were eating dinner without me.
Drowning in the the solitary silence.
I was there when you almost choked.

I pass by you yesterday.
On my way to work.
You were there also beside me in the bus.
Silent but present.

I caught a glimpse of you when I woke up.
I can almost bet you woke me up.
The distinct smell of your cologne lingered,
Rendering me immobile,distraught.

I closed my eyes,
And there you were.
Killing me with a grin.
Killing me nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment