Tempus Fugit

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Human Ant by Rhea Delavin (3rd Place)



 Congrats Rhea! Good work!!! Feel free to join next contests. =)
Please wait for your book prize.
 -
-
Human Ant

I saw a line of ants marching on the sand,
My mischievous mind said I should block
their path through my hand.
They became confused,
Their minds were seemingly scattered.
They should find a way, so that they cannot be bothered.

One of them walked up and
over the top of my hand.
I felt a pang!
This ant bit me so grand!

I took my revenge.
I replaced my hand with a small stone.
Some tried to walk uphill again, but the struggle was shown.
Others did not stop until they went around and found their way out.


A blink of an eye passed.
The once disturbed path has been retraced with ease.
I was stunned and my heartbeat increased.

Epiphany covered me like a blanket of light!
So bright that it can make me so blind!
Humans should be ants.
Persistent.
Determined.
Relentless.


Whatever obstacles that we will face in our path,
KEEP GOING.
However hard the fight that we’re giving,
BE STRONG.
Life might seem cruel to us but,
DON’T GIVE UP.
If we think that we messed up,
LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES.
Know your destination.
It will be soon realized.
People who have unwavering persistence
finally see their dreams come true.

-
-
Picture from http://freshread.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/ants-3.jpg

1 comment: