Tempus Fugit

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Disappointment


Stormy thoughts dulled my senses.
Rendering me useless
like only Smirnoff could.
Once grand ideas now
seem they're fly infested trash.
I feel like hobo living
with my cousins-the vermins
and cockroaches- not to mention
the other scavengers prowling
the darkened alley.
Filth is the ever present fashion trend.

I saw my day crushed 
with the torrent winds
and angry waves of my emotion.
I felt its descent in a
downward spiral.
My day sunk at the bottom
of the sea,
where creatures not known
to man roam,
where darkness is the only friend.
I felt suffocated with 
the stillness in this abyss
that the Sun doesn't know.
I closed my eyes
and felt the underwater pressure
I created.

-
-
*Picture from http://www.brandoncole.com/profile%20photos/MISCELLANEOUS/shipwrecks/pm0126-D-shipwreck_brandon_cole.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment