Tempus Fugit

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Voyeur



-
-

I look at you.
It's what I do.
From the moment I wake
Until the time I say my prayers at night.
Even in my dreams I look at you.
I look for you.
In the corners of my subconscious
It is you that I seek.
The contours of your face
When you smile
And the hint of hesitation in your voice
Whenever you ask for directions
Are like second skin to me.
It has become me.
But there are times 
That I can't help but notice
How happy you are when 
You're with him
That the smile I dearly love
Is prompted by someone else,
That everytime I look at you
I do my best not to see him too.
I only look at you.
But you and him are one
So I guess I look at him too.
And that hurts me most.
-
-
Spanish Version

Le miro.
Es lo que lo hago.
A partir del momento despierto
Hasta el tiempo digo mis rezos en la noche.
Incluso en mis sueños le miro.
Le busco.
En las esquinas de mi subconsciente
Es usted que busco.
Los contornos de su cara
Cuando usted sonríe
Y la indirecta de la vacilación en su voz
Siempre que usted pida direcciones
Sea como la segunda piel a mí.
Me ha sentido bien.
Pero hay épocas 
Que no puedo dejar notar
Cómo es feliz usted es cuándo 
Usted está con él
Que el amor de la sonrisa I querido
Es incitado por algún otro,
Eso cada vez que le miro
Hago mi mejor para no verlo también.
Le miro solamente.
Pero usted y él son uno
Conjeturo tan que lo miro también.
Y ese me lastima más.
 
-
-
*Picture from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/images/09-07-binoculars.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment