Tempus Fugit

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dream Taps and Day Dreams

Have you ever felt when you are in the middle of whatever you are doing that something inside you tells you to stop? Particularly if you are in a job that is okay but isn't what you LOVE? Lately I've been feeling that. I suddenly do that faraway look when I'm supposed to finish my pending proposals. I have a very good JOB for a person my age. I'm earning quite well too. But there is still something missing, something not there, something absent- amiss.

Are situations like these reminders to us by our old hopeful, motivated, and fulfilment hungry self? Are they keeping us aware that somehow, somewhere, sometime we dreamed of doing something that makes us are hearts happy? Something that inspires us to go on? Are these said happenings show us that life is too short to spend it on doing something that doenst give you real happiness? When what you are doing does not do a great job of making you eager to go to work every single uneventful and boring day?

Not so long ago, I have craved for a career that will change someones life-a lof of people's lives-no matter how self-righteous and philantrophic I might sound. I long for those not so long ago summers when I wake up everyday with the Sun and head out to do something-to teach kids. That time, even if I do not really consider it work- I was so damn happy!!! The greatness of what I was doing back then keeps me motivated and strongwilled. Sometimes I find myself looking back and reliving those blessed summers in Sapang Palay. The summers when I decided that more than anything else what I really want to do is to change lives no matter how small or big my contribution to that change might be.

Every time I walk in Ayala, The Fort, or in Ortigas, I can't help but wish that I am  walking towards that piece of heaven near the rice fields, on a bright sunny summer day, with the birds singing a melodious syumphony- to teach kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment