Tempus Fugit

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Heart Told Me



I asked my heart
if Love is one and the same,
in its morse codic beat
it said, " Are the flowers of
Spring dressed with the same petals?"
"No" I retorted.
"But are they all beautiful?"
my heart replied questioningly. 
"Yes" I quipped. 
"You have answered your query then."
Again I asked 
my patient heart, 
"Do you stop loving
someone the moment 
you discover their flaws 
or get hurt by them?"
After pondering on it, my heart spoke,
"Do you ignore the 
rose because it has thorns?"
"Thanks heart! 
I have one more question.
How do I take care of another heart?"
My heart mused 
with the knowledge it gained
after millions of blood pumps,
"You treat a heart like
you treat a blossom.
You should become
a loving gardener.
But you should know
that your Love isn't 
all it needs.
Remember that a flower years
for sunshine too.
It grows with rainbow butterflies.
It glides with the wind.
It is nourished by the Land.
A heart needs other hearts
-it doesn't strive on yours alone."

-
-
*Picture from http://www.princetonol.com/Family_Life/images/coloringbook/flowers.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment