Tempus Fugit

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sleep

-
-
Empty moonless nights
Beckon me towards sleeplessness
Urging me to stay awake.
To bathe in the unrivalved glory
Of its borrowed shine.
Making me a witness to
A different world in the dark
Where nightingales render soulful arias
And owls become sentries ofthe night.
Sometimes I wait for the
Sun to level in the horizon.
For morning birds to chirp on the day.
What I cannot do is to
Sleep still through the 
Quiet of the moonless night
With the fear of not waking up with you.
I fear that sleep will take you away.
I'm afraid love will be gone.
That's why I'd rather have dark circles
Under my eyes,
Than to create the same dark circles
Around our beating hearts.

-
-
Picture from http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/img/sleeping_beauty_2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment