Tempus Fugit

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Outside My Window

This is for you! You know who you are! 
-
-

There are days when I just stop
what I'm doing and
stare out the window.
Searching for you along
that busy street.
Hoping that it'll be you
who'll walk up next.
With your bouncy stride
and your happy gait.
But I'm not
counting on it much.
Not as much as 
I want to- I guess.
Sometimes I feel joy
seeing a part of yourself
with other people who walk by.
Some have your hair,
your eyes, your favorite 
shirt- but not the totality of you.
I continue staring and dreaming.
I close my eyes 
and remember what's
about you that I fell in love with.
And not for long
they are all so real- you are so real!
Then, I decided to continue
what I'm doing before I stared
out the window- thinking of you.
After a while I know
I'll look for you again
among the faces of the people
who walk by outside my window. 

-
-


*picture from https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiKA9-8sbwA7XcXxRUTiVv7wJ7j3_QpmmURl3EFXxQLxPj6Ge9M-4aDneIqJ9xK44NarUbOM316aqZcBm6PHzH-8jc4K_P7pwrtJ0p_6UTgrFnCRU_YhYtnkQulPrv5H5aaio9l94bd-kND/s1600/elderly-man-staring-out-window.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment